Thursday, 17 July 2014

OOTD | Look interview ready with Penneys/Primark.

Hello, and what a fantastic day it is!

Recently, I went to an interview regarding a very much wanted job all the way in Florida.  Needless to say I was absolutely ecstatic. Florida is my most favorite place in the entire world...so far. I love how chilled out and relaxed Florida is. I have never been to the Florida Keys but if I were to visit, I would more than likely never leave. It seems right up my alley. The cool Cuban influence entices me so! When I went to the interview all I could picture was the roaring sunset on Clearwater beach. And I knew I just HAD to have this job. Needless to say the interview went amazing, and will more than likely be moving to Florida next October for a minimum of 6 months working in 5 star Floridian resorts..someone pinch me!

For a job interview like this, I didn't want to appear that I had a poker up my arse, I wanted to get my own individual style across while still looking somewhat professional. So this is what i eventually came up with. Floaty, comfortable and laid back but still proficient.

Please excuse my resting bitch face on the left.

I chose to make my main outfit black in colour to show professionalism 
I wore this gorgeous Penneys/Primark Kimono on top to break the dull darkness and give it a more relaxed feel. I wore a floral headpiece because I thought it went quite well with the outfit and gave it a softer look.

Crop top - 3.50
Maxi skirt - 12.00
Kimono - 11.00
Hamsa necklace - 1.00 (on sale)
Flower head band - 2.50
Belt - 3.00
All Penneys/Primark

I adore this outfit. Perfect for BBQ's and late summer parties too!
Its so floaty and comfortable and as everything I wear, I cannot get enough of the retro 70's vibe.
I made sure to keep my makeup minimal yet effective
I wore Wet N Wild - Mauve Outta Here on my lips. I adore this lipstick. So girly,pretty and light and isn't over the top.
I kept my hair natural, I didnt straighten, curl or wave. My hair is naturally curly so I brushed out the curls and it gave me a relaxed wave. I used Lush R&B to relax the frizz induced by brushing out the curls.
I used Penneys/Primark P.S love eyebrown pencil on my eyebrows
P.S Love eyeshaddow palette on my eyes
P.S Love eyeliner
&
P.S Love mascara to top it off
Who said makeup can't be cheap!? 

If you have any new Penneys/Primark buys that you would like to share, or simply want me to review a product, email me at theparmavioletblog@gmail.com, thank you

And remember during interviews, keep it comfortable, and let your style shine through


The Parma Violet